Monday, September 29, 2014

Peach Green Smoothie

Hello there! I took a mini vacation last week since I was recovering from climbing Mt. St. Helens a week ago. Whew it sure took the energy out of me!

To help recover, I started to make a few smoothies as afternoon snacks to help keep my blood sugar a bit more stable. I had a peach that was almost over ripe, plus a few bananas that needed to be eaten. I added a handful of greens to up the nutrient factor, and then added some chia seeds and a little cinnamon for some flavor. It was delicious! I'm slowly coming around to having greens in my smoothie, and by adding the peach and the banana, I didn't need any additional sugar at all!



Peach Green Smoothie

Serves 1

1 peach, pitted and cut into wedges
1 really ripe banana, peeled and cut in to 2 pieces
1 1/2 c. soy milk or your favorite alternative milk
1 handful greens (I used baby kale)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little more soy milk if desired to thin the consistency. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!