Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quick Noodle and Veggie Stir Fry


Sometimes I have my days where I am tempted to get dinner from the Chinese deli at my grocery store. They have all sorts of delicious things there and it would be so easy to stand in line and say, “Beef and broccoli please!” As I stand there, looking like an idiot, drooling over the Chinese food, I remember that there is a salad bar right behind me. I then snap back to normal Rachel and gather the ingredients for a noodle stir fry. 

I fill up a container with as many veggies as I can fit. Onions, bell peppers, edamame, broccoli. I make my way to the meat department to get some steak or chicken (or sometimes, shrimp!). My final stop is in the refrigerated section, where I pick up some pre-cooked yakisoba noodles in order to save some time in the kitchen.

My noodle stir fry takes me less than 15 minutes to make when I get home. I chop the meat, stir fry it, then stir fry the veggies, and finally add the sauce and noodles. Voila! Dinner in a flash!

If you are craving some Chinese (or teriyaki), give this meal a try tonight. It’s quicker than calling for take out!



Quick Noodle Stir Fry

Serves 4
Pre-cut veggies from the salad bar, your choice (at least 3 c.)
1 lb skirt steak, chicken breasts or shrimp
1 package yakisoba noodles
Sauce:
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
½ tbsp sesame oil
½ tbsp mirin (rice wine)
1 tbsp hoisin
¼ tsp Sriracha, optional

1. For meat, slice steak into thin slices, cut chicken into 1” cubes, or peel and devein shrimp.
2. Mix together ingredients for sauce. Set aside. Open noodle package and puncture plastic with scissors. Put in microwave for 30 seconds.  
3. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over med-high heat. Add meat and stir fry until almost done. Remove from pan and set aside. Add veggies and stir fry for 1-2 minutes to soften. Add meat and noodles back into pan and add sauce. Bring to a boil, then toss to coat.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My little sister really loved eating noodles and she always asked my mother to cook a noodle for her. I think I want to cook a food to her and I'm sure she will like these Recipes For Stir Fry and she will enjoy eating this one. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete

Share This!