Friday, September 28, 2012

Mini-Vacation

Hey there!

You all still there? Maybe? I'm sorry I disappeared without notice. You see, I just started school this week.

Wait, what? School? Yes, School. Even after all those times I've said I will never ever go back to school to get another degree.

Me at GRCC graduation in 2007


Ok, are you confused now? Probably. Anyways, long story short, after I graduated with my Bachelor's degree, I swore up and down and sideways I would never go back to school to get a Masters or Ph.D. In the past few months, I've been exploring other options besides chemistry and I've found a few different tracks I'm interested in. And so now I'm going back to school to see which direction I want to take my career in.

I'm currently taking a biology class while still working full time. This means waking up at 5 am and spending lots of time at work and at school. It's funny, though, that I don't find it that bad. I'm tired and all, but it's like, so what? I feel like I'm actually heading in the right direction for once, instead of wandering aimlessly.

It feels so great to have a goal in mind!

Anyways, I really want to keep up my blog for my readers (yes, all 3 of you!), but please bear with me as I start my new adventure. I will try to post when I can, but sometimes I'm just too dang tired!

I have so many new recipes in mind and I've been hiking like crazy! (Except now my Wednesday hikes are over with, and that makes me sad, but it's getting too dark out too early to hike!)

I finally have a full day to myself tomorrow and I plan on writing up some posts, along with cleaning and studying. Then on Sunday, I'm hiking Mailbox peak (yikes!) and so I probably won't have the energy to do much but veg. But I do promise to try!!

Thanks for sticking around and being patient with me :)

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!