Monday, August 6, 2012

New Ideas (and a Strawberry Tart!)

I've been in a blogging rut for a little while now, even though I have a huge backlog of material I can write about. Mostly because I've been having an internal debate on where I want to take my blog. Do I want to keep it just a food blog, which is what I originally started it as? Or should I morph it into a fitness/healthy living blog. (and I'm going to fill this post with pictures of a strawberry goat cheese tart with basil to keep you occupied while I talk.. and make you hungry!)



I'm pretty sure you can tell which side won (the fitness/healthy living version), but I'm just not really sure where to take it. I have all this advice on how to lose weight, since I did lose 25 lbs over the course of a year, but I also have this internal debate on whether or not people will listen to me or want to take my advice. I guess I could just post the advice and hope someone finds it useful, huh?




Anyways, I've also been thinking about adding 2 new things to my blog. The first is a 30 day challenge sort of thing (since those are oh so popular), but not the traditional everyone do the same 30 day challenge. It kind of goes off my whole Habits post, so each month I will host a 30 day challenge where you either get rid of a bad habit or cultivate a new, good habit, or both at the same time. My hope is that it will inspire people to improve their lives, one step at a time, and have a better success rate than trying to do it all at once.

They say it takes 21 days to make a habit, so why not do it for 30 days to make it really stick!!




Everyone can choose what habit they want to work on for that month. I'm hoping that people will come up with good ideas to share and can give others some inspiration. It can be anything you want, from fitness goals, to eating goals, to mental health goals. Absolutely anything, as long as its positive and trends towards a healthier lifestyle. Each week, everyone will report in with their goal and how it was going. Does that sound like something you would want to participate in?



Another thing I was thinking about (re)adding to my blog was my monthly ingredient spotlight. I had started it right before a big change in my life, and so it got neglected. I really would like to bring it back, but this time add a month long link party so that others can share what they cook with that ingredient. What do you all think of that?



Let me know your ideas or if you want to participate! I'd appreciate any feedback :)

And I promise to post this recipe soon!

Rachel

4 comments:

  1. As someone who's had three blog titles/URLS in two years (and started stopped blogging twice before that over the course of five years) I totally get what you're saying. My two cents is to blog what you want to blog about. Then it's genuine and not forced. The good news for you is that your title/url doesn't pigeon hole you into one particular category. Can't wait to see all you have in store!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Kim! I think I'm just going to follow my gut on this one and turn it in to a fitness/healthy living blog.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    We're having our inaugural Eat Make Grow Blog Hop. We are looking for folks to link up who want to share what they have been eating with their families, growing in their gardens or making with all their creative impulses. If you're interested, I hope you'll hop on over and link up a couple of your posts. It's a way for you to grow your readership and find other like minded mamas.

    In particular we are looking for quality posts with fabulous pictures. I immediately thought of you and your blog!

    Hope to see you there,

    Foy
    http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2012/08/inaugural-eat-make-grow-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me! I will definitely have to stop by and check it out!

      Delete

Share This!