Saturday, August 18, 2012

Naan Pizza with Sopressata, Onions and Basil

I love making pizzas at home! You can customize them any which way you want, and if you are sharing, you don't have to fight over the best (or worst!) parts.

This pizza was inspired by one I saw in Grilled Pizzas and Piadinas. The one in the book had caramelized onions, with sopressata and walnuts. As good as it sounds, I went the lazy way.



First, I used a garlic naan as my base. Holy moly was that a good idea! It was so tasty and added so much flavor! Then, I used some of my favorite marinara sauce, made by Cucina Fresca. Lastly, I skipped the caramelized onions and just put sliced sweet Walla Walla onions on top.

And it was amazing! I made it twice in one week. I know a dish is a winner if I make it twice, and it's gotta be absolutely astoundingly good to be made twice in one week! Try this pizza tonight!



Naan Pizza with Sopressata, Onions and Basil
Serves 4

1 package garlic naan (comes with 2 naan)
1/2 cup your favorite tomato sauce
1/4 lb. sopressata (or sub in your favorite salami)
1/4 sweet onion, sliced thinly
mozzarella slices, optional

basil, shredded, for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Top each naan with 1/4 c. tomato sauce. Layer with a few mozzarella slices, if desired. Place torn pieces of sopressata on top, then sprinkle with onion slices.
2. Bake each pizza for 5-10 minutes, to desired crispness. (I like mine at about 7 minutes, where the sopressata looks like stained glass and the tips of the onions are just turning brown.) Remove from oven, the sprinkle with shredded basil.

Cut into quarters and serve.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This would be a hit with thin crust lovers, since the naan bread becomes nice and crispy when baked. What a simple and easy idea! I found your blog through the Eat, Make, Grow blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am definitely a thin crust lover and the naan adds so much extra flavor to the pizza. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Share This!