Friday, August 24, 2012

Halibut with Chimichurri and Quinoa

I made this dish a while ago when I was craving some halibut and had a bit of parsley and cilantro left over. I thought instantly of chiumicurri, since I had seen a recipe for it in one of my bazillion cookbooks. I added in some lime juice for my own spin. Other than that, it's a simple fresh sauce that can be served over almost any kind of meat.

I pan fried the fish, then served it over a bed of greens with some red quinoa. Enjoy this as a quick, easy dinner tonight!



Halibut with Chimichurri
Serves 4

1 lb. halibut fillets
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lime, juiced, other half reserved
salt and pepper

1. Combine in a food processor the cilantro, parsley and garlic; chop until fine. Stir in olive oil and lime juice and process until combined. Set aside.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Coat halibut fillets with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook skin side down for 3 minutes, then squeeze the other lime half over the fillet. Cover, and cook until done.
3. Serve halibut with salsa verde on the side.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!