Friday, April 29, 2011

Turkey Burgers

It has really been difficult for me to stay away from cooking and my food blog. I’ve been cooking a little, but not as much as I want to. A week ago I had a day off from work, so I made dinner and dessert. I’ll share them both sometime this weekend, but I want to start with dinner. Don’t want to ruin everything with dessert! 

Tim has been bugging me to make burgers since the sun started coming out more often. (We have been having really weird weather here, like the rest of the country at the moment. Some places around here are still getting snow!) I love burgers, don’t get me wrong, but I wanted to make them at least a little bit healthier so I made turkey burgers instead. I’ve made burgers at home before, but it has been a while so I was a little rusty and I just threw everything together. The burgers turned out great! I was worried they wouldn’t hold together, but they did and they were mighty tasty. You’ve got to try these tonight!


 

Turkey Burgers

Serves 4

1 lb. ground turkey meat (dark, preferably)
1 egg
¼ c. breadcrumbs
2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
a few shakes of McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
Burger fixins of your choice (Mine was tomato, onion, pickles, smoked cheddar cheese and arugula)

1. Break egg into a large bowl and swirl around a few times with your hands. Mix ground turkey, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire and steak seasoning in with the egg until uniform.
2. Form into a loaf and cut into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, then gently squish into a patty. Don’t flatten too much or they will be like hockey pucks.
3. For indoors: Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Sear burgers until brown on each side, 1-2 minutes per side. Lower heat to low and continue to cook thermometer reaches 160 F. Let rest for 2-3 minutes before putting on bun.
4. For outdoor grill: Heat one half of grill over medium-high. Grill burgers until browned on each side, 1-2 minutes per side. Move burgers to un-heated side and close lid. Cook until thermometer reaches 160 F. Let rest for 2-3 minutes before putting on bun.
5. Layer on the fixins and eat!

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required

















      

   

   




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE turkey burgers.... They are easy to throw together and have such a great taste. Anxious to try your version. Thanks so much for linking to Saturday Swap!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!