Thursday, April 7, 2011

Seared Tuna with Spiced Cannellini Beans

I absolutely love the combination of tuna and cannellini beans. They just naturally seem made for each other. I'm always looking for new ways to spice up this delightful union. I got an idea from Seasonal Kitchen by Michele Cranston to spice up the cannellini beans using cumin and paprika. I added some olive oil for richness and lemon juice for some tang. The result was heavenly! I think this recipe is my favorite of all the tuna and cannellini bean combos I've made.



Seared Tuna with Spiced Cannellini Beans

Serves 4

1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 - 1 in thick tuna steaks
chopped parsley
salt and pepper


1. Mix together cumin, paprika, lemon juice and oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over beans and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Rinse and pat tuna steaks dry. Rub in salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in saute pan over med-high heat. Sear tuna for 30 seconds on each side for rare, 1 min for med-rare.
3. To serve, spoon bean mixture over tuna. Sprinkle with parsley.

Enjoy!

Cannellini Bean on FoodistaCannellini Bean






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   



1 comment:

  1. This is delicious.I really love your recipes here.I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this cannellini bean widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for cannellini beans,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!