Friday, April 1, 2011

Apricot Muffins and Black Bean Dip

I bought this book a while ago called the Ultimate Muffin Book. It has over 600 muffin recipes, which is awesome for me because I love muffins. I've tried 4 or 5 of the recipes and so far, they have been really good. Until I got to these. The apricot muffins were tasty, but the texture was really weird. It was indescribable.



This recipe used both dried apricots and a puree out of canned apricots. It also contained lemon juice, yogurt, canola oil and almond extract. I liked the lemon juice and the almond extract, but I feel using yogurt, canola oil, and the syrup of the canned apricots results in too moist of a muffin. I think I'm going to try this recipe again with only using (with the oil)

1. yogurt and dried apricots or
2. canned apricots with syrup

but not both. I really liked the flavor combination, but it was just too moist.

On the other hand, the black bean dip turned out really good. When I first tasted it after I mixed it all together, it was really bland and I didn't like it at all. But after letting it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, the flavors melded and the dip turned out really good.



Black Bean Dip
adapted from Coastal Living

15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 c. olive oil
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Tortilla chips or raw vegetables

Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours. Let come to room temperature before serving.

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!