Monday, November 9, 2009

Lazy Weekend

Well, not so lazy, but I was being lazy about not posting. So quick recap (only gonna do dinners since I can't remember any of the other meals!):

Thursday
Pizza!!! I was lazy and didn't feel like cooking so we got some Papa John's pizza with the super amazingly delicious garlic sauce! Oh yeahhh..

Friday
Don't remember. And neither does Tim. Maybe leftovers?

Saturday
Leftovers.. According to Tim.

Sunday
Chicken Soup! Well, as Tim describes it, vegetable soup with a little bit of chicken. He would rather have his soup be all chicken and noodles and no vegetables, but I would much rather have more veggies! Me and my friends Michaela and Beth also made cupcakes! They did a great job since I mostly just stood there. I also made Banana bread in the morning that I tried this morning for breakfast and it was really good. It rose a lot! My mom's usually doesn't rise and the center can be gooey sometimes. I dunno why. But mine was like coming out of the pan (well, not really, but it rose higher than the lid of the pan!). I think it had to do with me whisking the dry ingredients to mix them well, which added air to it.

Not gonna calc time or cost or ratings. I'm too tired and I will do that another time.

Monday
Breakfast: Banana bread, warmed with a little butter, glass of grapefruit juice.

Snack: None. Had PT this morning. My leg can now go to -4 degrees! (that's 4 degrees of hyperextention)

Lunch: Ham, Cheese and Pickle Sandwich. Tim's specialty. He made it for me since I was running late.

Snack: Granola bar.

Dinner: Steamed Halibut with Veggies in a Soy-Mandarin Sauce. My special creation. I was not too fond of it. I think it would have been better with salmon. It smelled like cat food to me, but my senses have been off lately (just the other day I took a sip of water from a just-opened bottle and it tasted like coffee. I dunno what's wrong with my taste and smell!) I basically just chopped some cabbage, piled some onto a sheet of parchment paper on top of foil, put halibut on top then added some matchstick carrots and sliced zucchini. I showered each parcel with a sauce that was the juice of a mandarin plus 1/4 c soy sauce plus 1 tbsp rice vinegar. Then I closed the parcels and baked them for roughly 20 minutes. During the last 3 minutes I opened the parcels. Then I took them out and let them rest for a few minutes.

Time: about 45 minutes

Cost: .22 for mandarin + .68 for zucchini + .75 for cabbage + .34 for carrot + 7.79 for halibut = 9.78/2 = $4.89 per serving. Not my best :(

Ratings:
Me - 2/5, didn't like the flavor that much, but it was sure easy clean up!
Tim - 3.8/5

ok dobrou noc!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!