Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Soup to Make the Worries Go Away

I made soup today. Well, a bisque, technically, but it was soup. And very yummy soup. I was kinda worried it wouldn't turn out well, but it was good enough. I feel like typing out my frustrations, but I'm too tired. And I'm gonna be up till midnight tonight, so I dunno. Anyways, maybe at the end.

Breakfast: Toast with orange marmalade, grapefruit juice

Snack: None

Lunch: Herb baguette with butter and ham. Yum! I also had some juice.. didn't eat my apple today.

Snack: Peanut butter chocolate bar thingy. It was good, but at the same time bad.

Dinner: Shrimp Bisque from Barefoot Contessa at Home, page 52. I hadn't cooked much seafood since I moved in, so I thought shrimp would be a good place to start. I kinda fudged the recipe (used vegetable stock instead of seafood stock, used gluten-free flour instead of regular flour), but it still turned out fine. I served it with some herbed baguette slices.

Total cost = (3.49 for baguette /2 since only used half) + (3.25 for veggie stock /2 since only used half) + (7.50 for shrimp) + (0.97 for leek) = $11.84 /3 (since there was enough leftover for lunch tomorrow for one) = $3.95 Not bad..

Yum factor:
Me - 4/5, could have been better if the tomato paste dissolved better. It kinda stayed in clumps in the soup. I think if I would have put it in the hot broth to dissolve at the beginning of the recipe, then I think it would have been better.
Tim - 4.5/5, great flavor, good texture

Anyways, I don't feel like typing much more. I'm kinda bored. I think I might go turn on Tim's computer and play TF2...

Dobrou noc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!