Monday, August 25, 2014

Sauteed Kale with Crispy Potatoes

The other night I was in a rush for dinner and had no idea what to make. I had some kale leftover in my fridge, and some potatoes in my pantry, so I decided to make a simple sauteed kale with roasted potatoes for dinner. Plus I wanted to eat some of the potatoes again for breakfast since I have been craving a good potato hash for weeks now!



I absolutely love dinners like this. They are so simple, yet so filling for the stomach and the soul. The weather here has been trending towards cooler temperatures (Pumpkin Spice Lattes anyone??) so it felt good to eat some comfort foods after a summer of grilled veggies and salads.

Are you ready for comfort foods or do you prefer lighter fare like salads?



Sauteed Kale with Crispy Potatoes
serves 4

3/4 lb. potatoes, cut into medium sized cubes
salt and pepper
1 bunch kale, rinsed and roughly chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 c. white wine

Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss potato cubes with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy, shaking pan every 5 minutes or so to prevent sticking. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.

Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and bell peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft and bell peppers are crisp tender. Add kale and wine, and toss continually until kale has begun to wilt. Serve kale with potatoes on the side.



Like this recipe? Check out my cookbooks, The Spring Kitchen, available on Amazon in print and kindle formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!