Monday, August 4, 2014

Cilantro Roasted Potatoes

I love roasted spuds. Who doesn't? I also love to find new recipes to give them a little extra kick. I came across a parsley buttered roasted potato recipe, which I thought sounded delicious, but I wanted to do something a little different. I had cilantro in my fridge, so voila! Cilantro roasted potatoes. They were delicious and perfect with a nice fillet of grilled salmon. Yum!



Cilantro Roasted Potatoes
serves 4

1 lb. baby red potatoes
1/4 c. olive oil, split in 2
salt and pepper
1 large handful cilantro, chopped

Heat oven to 450 F. Place potatoes in a microwaveable dish, then microwave for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in a ceramic baking dish, pour in half of the olive oil (2 tbsp) and add 1/2 tsp salt. Add potatoes, shake pan to get potatoes to roll and coat with oil, then bake in oven for 15 minutes or until crispy on the outside. Remove from oven and pour the other half of the olive oil over (2 tbsp) and sprinkle over potatoes. Shake pan to get potatoes to roll and coat with oil and cilantro. Serve hot.

Like this recipe? Check out my cookbook, The Spring Kitchen, available on Amazon in print and kindle formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!