Monday, June 24, 2013

Tuna and Chickpea Salad

While I was in school, my daily schedule was rather hectic. Three days a week, I was at work from 6 am to 5:30 pm, so I had to take full advantage of every shortcut I could think of. Lunch was no exception. I found myself eating out quite a bit, and that got tiring and expensive! Luckily for me, there is a salad bar at my grocery store and I loved making easy quick salads during my lunch.

This salad was one of my favorites. I made it so many times, that I finally decided to take a picture of it. It's so simple, yet so delicious! Canned tuna and chickpeas and veggies from the salad bar are mixed with a simple balsamic vinaigrette made at home to make a simple, yet incredibly satisfying salad. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner!




Tuna and Chickpea Salad

Serves 2

1 can tuna, preferably oil packed, slightly drained
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ onion, sliced thinly
½ cucumber, sliced
½ bell pepper, cubed
Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ c. balsamic vinegar
½ c. olive oil
Salt and pepper

1.      Mix together balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dressing. Combine the rest of ingredients and toss with dressing.
 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!