Saturday, June 22, 2013

Paprika Chicken and Potatoes

Whew! These last 9 months have sure been a wild ride. I'm officially done with my classes for the summer and I'm so glad. I was getting very drained and exhausted towards the end. But I made it! I got a 3.3 in cell biology, a 3.8 in animal biology and a 3.5 in plant biology. I'm proud of myself for being able to get those grades while working full time. I had a lot of doubts when I first started, but I've proved to myself that I actually can get good grades!

On another note, I now have the free time to begin posting recipes again! Like this one for paprika chicken and potatoes. One of my favorite Czech dishes growing up was chicken paprika and knedliky. I would constantly request that for dinner when we would visit my grandparents. The sauce is so creamy and the knedliky were so dense and delicious! I sure do miss eating it, so to tide me over until I have the time to make knedliky, I usually make this meal.

It's a super simple recipe. Take the potatoes and chicken, dust them with paprika and minced garlic, then bake. How much easier can it get??






Paprika Chicken and Potatoes

Serves 4

4 chicken thighs
4 potatoes, quartered
2 cloves garlic, minced
Paprika
Salt and pepper
Juice from ½ lemon
Olive oil

1.      Preheat oven to 425F. Place chicken thighs in a roasting dish and surround with potatoes. Sprinkle minced garlic over the top. Dust potatoes and chicken with paprika, salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to coat.
2.      Bake for 30 minutes or until thighs are done (register 160F on thermometer). The potatoes may need an extra 5-10 minutes to get extra crispy.
Serve with green salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!