Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cherry Lemon Soda

When I made a Cherry-Basil Sauce a little while back, I had to buy some cherry juice for it. Unfortunately, cherry  juice only comes in medium sized containers, even though I only needed about half a cup. I took this as a challenge to find as many ways as I could to use up the cherry juice other than just drinking it plain. So far, this is my first, but I wrote down at least 5 other drink ideas. I've yet to think of any way other than drinks and in a cherry-basil sauce, but I'm sure I will think of something.



This drink is a perfect way to quench your thirst during a hot day. I lightened up the flavor of the cherry juice with some sparkling water, then added in a squirt of lemon juice. I also added in a little squeeze of agave to sweeten it up. I'm quite certain that a hint of vodka would make this soda a fabulous drink to serve at your next party!




Cherry Lemon Soda
Serves 1

4 oz. cherry juice (preferably Bing)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp agave syrup
1 shot vodka, optional
ice
4 oz sparkling water
lemon slice, for garnish

Stir together cherry juice, lemon juice, agave and vodka in a tall glass. Add ice, then fill to top with sparkling water. Garnish with lemon slice.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I am in love with cherries and cherry juice and this sounds super refreshing!
    Lovely pictures by the way

    ReplyDelete

Share This!