Thursday, June 2, 2011

New: Monthly Ingredient Spotlight

Survey time!

1. Have you ever gone to a farmers market and seen the most beautiful bunch of  ______ (fill in blank with your favorite fruit or vegetable), but you don’t know what in the world to do with it once you get home? 
2. Have you ever tried a new recipe, but afterwards ended up with a lot extra of one ingredient? 
3. Have you ever gone to the grocery store without a list, staring endlessly into space, trying to figure out what to make for dinner?

Well, all of that happens to me a lot. Most of the time, I end up:

1. Passing up a chance at some great produce.
2. Throwing the extras away, or
3. Takeout!

I am absolutely not satisfied with any of my answers. So from now on, during the weekends, I am going to try out new recipes based on one ingredient, which will change every month. Like in June, I will be starting out with arugula. When you buy a bunch of arugula, they usually come in a big box or bag and I always have a ton leftover. I will post one recipe a week that uses arugula, but for the rest of the week, I’ll post what I made for dinner each day.

Hope you come back to check what I have up my sleeves! (or rather, in my kitchen…)

Have a great day!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. My produce is contantly serving as an inside-of-the-refrigerator-decorator so I love this idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!