Friday, June 17, 2011

Monthly Ingredient Spotlight: Arugula, Prosciutto and Date Salad

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been gone for so long. I haven't been cooking much lately since I've been super busy. I'm finally getting to unpacking my stuff after being in my new place for nearly a month so hopefully I will start cooking more. I have been taking pictures of the food I have made so I'll be posting those over the next few days.

The second monthly ingredient spotlight is a salad of my own creation. I was a little hesitant at first about this salad, but I think it turned out really tasty. I'm definitely a fan of sweet and salty and crunchy all mixed together and that is very prominent in this dish. A bed of arugula is topped with slices of salty prosciutto, sweet chopped dates, and crunchy pecans, all drizzled with a blue cheese vinaigrette. The flavors all meld together wonderfully. This salad would be a perfect, easy weeknight meal or a great side salad to grilled chicken.



Arugula, Prosciutto and Date Salad
Serves 4

1 bunch arugula
4 oz. proscuitto, torn into small strips
1/2 c. dates, chopped
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
Blue cheese vinaigrette (I really like Litehouse's version)

Lay arugula on a platter or divide onto 4 plates. Top with prosciutto and sprinkle dates and pecans over the top. Drizzle blue cheese vinaigrette over the top. 

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   



1 comment:

  1. I recently had an arugula and proscuitto pizza and now am in love with the flavors. This sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!