Thursday, January 27, 2011

Planning a Wedding

I’ve been engaged for over a year now and haven’t planned a single thing for my wedding. That’s pretty bad, huh?


I just don’t like planning big events. Small events like a dinner, or a small birthday party are easy. A wedding for 200 people? I’m shaking in my boots!!

I want a simple and easy wedding, but I really don’t know where to start. I have lots of ideas, and I know how I want my wedding to be, but I just can’t figure out what to do first. I’m sure if I just cleared a whole weekend out, I could plan the whole thing. My wedding is going to be that simple. 



For those who have planned a wedding (their own or someone else’s), what was the first thing you did? How long did it take you to plan the whole shindig?

And is it too redneck to have a potluck instead of providing food? It would certainly fit right in with my family, but the other people that we are inviting might not be too keen on the idea.

So many choices! It’s mindboggling!


If you have any advice, I’d be glad to hear it. I just really should get going on planning my wedding!

*All photos taken by Kelly Bailey, my future brother-in-law and my wedding photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!