Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Apple and Walnut Salad with Walnut Cider Dressing

My inspiration for this salad came from the classic pear and blue cheese salad I always read about when fall comes around. Since Mark is allergic to pears, I decided to switch it up and use some honey crisp apple slices. To make super thin slices, I used a mandoline, but if you don't have one, feel free to just chop the apple instead.

I skipped the blue cheese to make it a bit lighter, and added some fresh pressed apple cider to the dressing for some extra sweetness. This has got to be my favorite salad dressing! I love the ginger and mustard undertones with the delicious walnut oil. If you can't find walnut oil, feel free to substitute in olive oil. It won't be quite the same, but it will still be good.




Apple and Walnut Salad with Walnut Cider Dressing
serves 2

Greens
1/2 apple, sliced
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped

Dressing:
1 tbsp apple cider
2 tbsp walnut oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp salt

Lay a handful of your favorite greens onto a plate or in a bowl. Top with apple slices and walnuts. Add all ingredients for dressing into a jar, seal with lid and shake to combine. Drizzle over salad and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!