Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snowshoeing and School


So this whole going back to school thing has been a wild ride. I’ve gone through lots of emotions before I started and through the first quarter. That first quarter was definitely not the easiest. I had to learn how to balance school and work and still manage to not let everything overwhelm me. It got to me sometimes, but I picked myself back up and kept on going.







In the midst of all the chaos, my apartment has become a mess. At first I hated it and I fretted over it every time I walked in the door. I can’t tell you how much stress it caused me. Then one day, a thought popped in my head. This is just temporary. This clutter and mess is not how I live; it’s just going to be my life for the next few months. The lack of cooking in my kitchen really bothered me a lot, and still does. But it’s only temporary. In less than 6 months, I will be done with classes that require attendance at school and will start online classes. My life will change again then. I will have to learn to make time for school more than I do now. I’ll have to manage my time even better then, since it will be all on me. 



I have had to try so hard to reign in my desire to go do things on a constant basis. I get this urge to hike all the hikes, ski all the ski areas, snowshoe all the trails. I want to be able to do all my cooking projects at once, along with knitting and jewelry making. It’s been tough trying to get myself to slow down. I naturally whir at a fast pace, and if you can’t keep up, too bad!


I’ve been getting myself through my spurts of “want-to-do-everything-now!” by realizing that I have the rest of my life to do the things I want. I don’t have to get it all done now. I’m slowly coming around to the idea of slowing down, but I’m still a work in progress. 




This quarter is definitely going by easier than the last. I’m not struggling hardly as much (it sure helps to have a much better teacher this time around!) and everything seems to come easier to me. I guess it showed when I got a 96% on my first exam! And it was the highest grade in my lab section! I just had to put that out there and share it. I don’t remember the last time I got a grade that high. It was probably when I took Czech during my second year of college. Did I mention how good it feels?

Thanks for reading,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!