Monday, January 9, 2012

Difficult Years

Do any of you also have those years that just seem more difficult than the rest? Do they ever happen in cycles? Mine seem to. Granted, every year has its ups and downs, just some seem to be more rollercoaster like than others.

My cycle seems to be every 3 years (although this year I think I'm making up for last year being a lot easier). So far the more difficult years have been 2000, 2004, 2007, and 2010. (and by years, I mean school years. Once summer hits, everything seems to get a little easier, does it not? And does anyone else still think in school years, even long since they themselves have graduated?)

But now 2011-2012 school year is looking to be a more difficult year. Already, it's been filled with childhood pets passing away, breaking up with my fiancee and canceling a wedding, and dealing with my grandparents ill health. It's been tough, nonetheless, but I've made it through and I still feel really happy. I'm just hoping that I will have the strength to keep my chin up through the rest of this year and not let things bring me down.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachel, it sounds like you've had a super difficult year so far.... But it also sounds like you are handling it with great clarity and the right attitude. Especially with the wise choice of ending an engagement rather than face a divorce later on. I pray that the rest of this year will be brighter.

    ReplyDelete

Share This!