Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brussels Sprout Pasta with Ham

Brussels sprouts are one of those vegetables that people either really love or really hate. I'm definitely in the love category, but I mostly eat them in soups or roasted with bacon! This was the first time I had tried them in a different form: with pasta.

I took kind of a German/Czech spin on this dish, which was based off something I ate as a kid: Schinkenfleckerl (aka Ham and Noodle Casserole). My mom made it a lot, but unfortunately it has a lot of butter and eggs in it. So I decided to make a fresh version with shredded Brussels sprouts. 

And it was delicious! I sauteed the Brussels with garlic and olive oil, then added in some chopped ham and served it over linguine. It was quick, easy and absolutely delicious. This dish is perfect for any cold winter night!



Brussels Sprout Pasta with Ham

Serves 4

1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, cut in half then sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 lb ham
1/2 lb linguine

In a large stock pot, bring salted water to a boil, then cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add oil, garlic and brussels sprouts. Saute for 5 minutes or until Brussels are wilted and beginning to turn brown on the edges. Add in the ham and saute for another minute to heat, then add in the pasta. Toss to combine and serve hot. 


Like this recipe? Be sure you don't miss a single recipe and get a FREE Food Allergy Guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!