Monday, December 15, 2014

Pineapple Cantaloupe Strawberry Smoothie (Dairy Free)

Wow, its almost Christmas. Can you believe it? I can't! This year has just flown by and I want it to slow down!

My parents had their annual Christmas party last week and I was the lucky winner of all the fruit leftovers, plus some delicious meatballs. Yay! The fruit was going south quickly and there was so much of it that I couldn't eat it all in one sitting. So what did I do? I made a smoothie!

This smoothie was so good and creamy that I drank it all, even though it really is enough for 2 servings. The trick to getting it really creamy without using any dairy is to use a frozen banana. I always end up with that one last banana that is too ripe for my taste, so I pop it in the freezer to either make banana bread or smoothies with them. I've even seen people use frozen bananas as a base for ice cream!

Give this smoothie a try for breakfast! It's sweet without any added sugar and will give you a wonderful start to your day.



Pineapple Cantaloupe Strawberry Smoothie
Makes 2 drinks

1 c. pineapple pieces
1/3 c. cantaloupe pieces
about 12 strawberries, hulled
1 frozen banana, peeled and cut in half
1 c. orange juice

In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.


Like this recipe? Sign up for my email  list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free copy of one of my cookbooks (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!