Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Snowshoeing and Climbing Mountains

As I was driving back to work from lunch today, a thought popped into my head. This thought has been bouncing around my head for a while now, and I think it's time to finally put it on paper.



I realized that I'm finally getting to do all the things I dreamed about when I was little. All I ever wanted to do was climb mountains, explore, go where ever I wanted, whenever I wanted. And I am living that life now. It all just fell into place after I removed all the external pressures.



Somewhere along the way, I lost myself. I became so entranced with being someone who wasn't me, someone that so many others wanted me to be.



I'm so glad that I am now doing the things I wanted to do when I was younger. It's kinda funny how my younger self knew what I should have been doing. If only I would have listened deeper.



I have so many plans, so many things I want to get done in my life. I want to climb bigger, badder mountains. I want to explore remote places, with very few humans around. I want to cook as much as I can, create as much as I can. Life is full of so many possibilities and I am so excited to see what I'm going to do next. 



You with me?


2 comments:

  1. Rachel, your photos are just beautiful! So happy for you that you have the opportunity to do the things you love now. That snowshoeing looks like some awfully good exercise! Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Liane! Snowshoeing is a great workout. It really works your legs and your backside!

      Delete

Share This!