Friday, January 9, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte

I am so bummed that Starbucks discontinued their Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte. I loved having a caffeine free drink that I could get anytime of the day that was creamy, but still have tons of flavor and not be coffee! I'm not much of a coffee drinker and so I always go for tea lattes. Chai tea lattes, earl grey tea lattes, and now pumpkin spice vanilla rooibos tea latte!

I know it's a mouthful, but it's so tasty and perfect for this time of year. It's a caffeine free drink so it can be made late at night as a soothing drink just before bed. The pumpkin spice and vanilla go so well together and make it feel extra special. I love to use my Capresso Milk Frother to make it extra foamy, but I've included directions for if you don't have a milk frother and just want to steam the milk in a saucepan. All you need is pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and some vanilla rooibos tea. Try this delicious drink tonight!



Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte

makes 1 drink

1 c. milk or alternative milk (I use soy milk)
1/2 c. water
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1/16 tsp nutmeg and 1/16 tsp allspice)
1 tbsp sweetener of your choice
1 vanilla rooibos tea bag

In a medium saucepan, combine milk, water and pumpkin pie spice. Heat over medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Add tea bag and let steep for at least 6 minutes. Remove tea bag, stir in sweetener, pour into a mug and enjoy!

If you have a milk frother, combine milk and pumpkin pie spice and froth in milk frother. Heat water in microwave for 1 minute, then add tea bag. Pour frothed milk over water, add sweetener and enjoy!



Like this recipe? Sign up so you don't miss a single recipe and get a FREE Food Allergy Guide! 

Tweet: Get allergy free recipes and a FREE Food Allergy Guide! http://ctt.ec/747Sa+ #glutenfree #dairyfree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!