Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Allergy Free Lifestyle

Hello there!

Do you suffer from food allergies? I did, but not anymore. After nearly 5 years of experimenting on how to eat dairy and egg free, I have learned so much on how to be healthy and avoid getting sick. I would now like to share this information with you!



I am here to help you learn how to navigate through difficulties of a food allergy, sensitivity or intolerance. It's not exactly easy in this world to have a food allergy, but I can tell you it's possible and can be made easier with just a few tips and tricks.

A little bit about me:


I have had food allergies my whole life. Growing up, I was allergic to wheat and would always suffer horribly from pet dander and environmental allergies. In my first year of college, I underwent a huge change in my life and began to have migraines, anxiety, and general fatigue. I finally went a got an allergy test on my 19th birthday and it showed I was allergic to dairy and eggs, along with lots of other environmental allergens.


That was in February 2008. I continued to eat dairy and eggs, pretty much being in denial that it didn't effect me that badly. I kept telling myself that I was a cook who had to use cream and milk and eggs in my recipes because that was the only way to cook.I started a new job after graduating and my symptoms only got worse. I was using sick leave as soon as I earned it and sometimes had to take leave without pay because I would wake up feeling nauseous and just plain sick. 


A co-worker suggested to me that I take dairy and eggs out of my diet completely for a week. I upped the ante and did it for a month. March 2010. Over two years after my diagnosis, I finally did the right thing. I have learned so much since then on how to eat healthy while avoiding dairy and eggs, along with being able to soothe my cravings for baked goods and mac n cheese without making myself sick. I have also learned the ins and outs of eating a restaurant, including making many mistakes that I had to learn the hard way so you don't have to. 


I'd love to have a conversation with you to start you on your new journey to being happy, healthy and allergy-free! Come chat with me today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!