Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dairy and Egg-Free Chicken Club Sandwich

Earlier this month, Tina from My Life as a Mrs. posted a Bacon Avocado Chicken Club with Garlic-Basil Mayo that made me want to lick my screen. Every single part of her post looked enticing and I just new I had to try my own dairy and egg-free version.

I substituted mashed avocado with lime juice, cilantro and chives for the garlic basil mayo, and then used goat cheddar for the cheese. I also found a great lettuce mix featuring spinach, arugula, tatsoi and chard that added so much extra flavor. I can honestly say this is one of the best sandwiches I have ever made. I even took one to work the next day and my oh my it was tasty!




Dairy and Egg-Free Chicken Club Sandwich
adapted from My Life as a Mrs.
Serves 2

1 chicken breast, split into 2
2 strips peppered bacon, cut in half
1 avocado
1/2 lime
1 small handful cilantro leaves
4 sprigs of chives
4 slices sourdough bread
lettuce greens (your favorite mix)
tomato, sliced
red onion, sliced
goat cheddar, sliced
salt and pepper

1. Mash avocado and stir in juice from half of a lime. Chop herbs and stir in. Set aside.
2. Heat grill or saute pan over med-high heat and cook bacon to desired crispiness. Set on paper towel when cooked. Pound each chicken breast piece to 1/2" thick. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on same pan for 4-5 minutes per side until done. Remove from pan a let rest until ready to assemble sandwiches.
3. To assemble, toast sourdough slices. Spread avocado mixture on 1 side of 2 pieces of bread. Layer chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion and goat cheddar. Top with other slice of bread. Slice in half and serve with some oven crisped sweet potato fries.

Enjoy!

Linked at Mandy's Recipe Box, Thursday Treasures and Beyond the Peel,








1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful Rachel! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 35. See you soon. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-35.html

    ReplyDelete

Share This!