Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Avocado, Grapefruit and Papaya Salad with Chicken

I absolutely love fruit and meat combinations. Applesauce and ham? Yes! Raspberry sauce over chicken? Yes! Vidalia onion and fig sauce with steak? OH YEAH!

It was no wonder that I loved this salad. The creaminess of the avocado went so well with the grapefruit and papaya. The chicken added some wonderful protein to make it a healthy, filling salad.

I will admit that I fished papaya pieces out of a can of tropical fruit cocktail, but if you can get your hands on some fresh papaya, but all means use that!

Enjoy this salad when you need a little pick me up on a dreary day.



Avocado, Grapefruit and Papaya Salad with Chicken
inspired by Cooking the East African Way

Serves 4

1 avocado, cut into chunks
1 grapefruit, segmented
1 c. papaya chunks
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
spring lettuce mix
1 tbsp champagne vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix together the vinegar and oil to create an emulsion. Scatter avocado, grapefruit, papaya and chicken over salad greens. Drizzle with dressing and season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!







Linked up at Friday Food Flicks and Whole Food Wednesdays.


AllergyFreeWednesdays



5 comments:

  1. The picture of this salad is so sharp; I could almost taste the grapefruit! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE salads! So this is going on the "to try" list. And I agree with Natasha... beautiful photo! Great photos of popcorn too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! So refreshing! I love avacado but never thought to put that yummy fruit with it! I'm your newest follower - happy to be here :)
    Rebecca @ heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share This!