Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Peas and Shrimp with Rice Noodles

The other day, I was feeling hungry, but I didn't want to make a trip to the store. I stared at my freezer and refrigerator for several minutes, before deciding that something with shrimp sounded good. I didn't want to make my usual spicy tomato sauce, so I opted for an Asian twist using rice noodles and a ponzu hoisin dressing. I added some peas and green onions to make it even more delicious. This meal is perfect when you only have a few minutes to cook something and happen to have all three ingredients on hand!



Peas and Shrimp with Rice Noodles
serves 2

1/3 lb shrimp, thawed if frozen and shelled
1 c. peas, frozen
1/2 package rice noodles
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 tbsp ponzu or soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

sliced green onions, to serve

1. Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil, and cook rice noodle according to package. Add peas during the last minute of cooking, then drain and set aside.
2. Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and saute garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and saute until cooked for a total of 3-4 minutes. Stir together rest of ingredients for sauce, then add to shrimp. Add noodles and peas and toss to coat. 
3. Garnish with sliced green onions, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!