Monday, July 16, 2012

Steak and Radish Salad with Wasabi Dressing

Ok so I bet you all have had enough hiking stories and are ready for some more food, am I right? Well here you are! A food post!

I remember the first time I saw this salad in Marie Claire Seasonal Kitchen, my favorite cookbook. I knew right away I just had to make it! So I did, and I loved it!

Unfortunately, I forgot about it until a few weeks ago. I had quite a few radishes from my garden that needed eating, and as I was sifting through my recipe lists, I came across it again.

The recipe has a tangy, but spicy wasabi dressing drizzled over sliced radishes, cucumber ribbons and thinly sliced steak. I call it the souped up version of a steak salad. Yum yum!



Beef and Radish Salad with Wasabi Dressing
adapted from Seasonal Kitchen by Michele Cranston
Serves 4

1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soy
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 to 2 tsp powdered wasabi, to taste
1 lb skirt steak
bunch of radishes, sliced thinly
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced in ribbons
snow peas
your favorite greens

1. Mix together first seven ingredients for dressing. Set aside. 
2. Grill or sear steak to desired doneness, then slice thinly.
3. To assemble, toss together steak slices, radish slices, cucumber ribbons and snow peas. Toss with dressing.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. Would you link this in to this week's Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter which is all about salads?

    Found you via Beyond the Peel's Keep it Real Thursday. I linked in a simple salmon pizza. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

Share This!