Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Grilled Ginger Shrimp

I have been really behind in posting because I've been in a funk. You know, one of those when you aren't really motivated to do much? Yeah, one of those. I'm slowly creeping out of it, so please bare with me till I return to my normal, chipper self. Shouldn't be too much longer!

I made this recipe a while ago and I really liked it. In the original recipe, they add a pureed onion, which I replaced with some soy sauce for an Asian flair. I also added 4 shrimp onto each skewers instead of one because, well, the shrimp were going to be all for me anyways!

I really loved the flavor of orange and soy sauce together in the shrimp. They cook so quickly, so this would be a quick meal when combined with some couscous and a salad. Hey dinner in a flash!



Grilled Ginger Shrimp
adapted from Coastal Living Cookbook
Serves 4


4 (12-in) wooden skewers
16 large shrimp, peeled with tails still on
1/4 c. rice vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. orange juice
1 tbsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper

1. Soak skewers in warm water for 30 min. Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, ginger and pepper. Pour into a shallow dish and toss shrimp. Cover and chill for 30 min.
2. Remove shrimp from marinade and thread 4 onto each skewer. Grill shrimp until cooked, about 2 minutes on each side.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!