Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Couscous with Shrimp and Corn

You ever have those days when you don't feel like going to store but are hungry for something warm and delicious? Today was one of those days. I have been sick for the past week or so, and I'm finally on the mend, but I still don't have the energy to go to the store.

Which meant I had to make something from whatever was in my fridge, pantry or freezer. I had a bunch of leftover couscous in the fridge, and I was craving some shrimp. I always love corn, so I decided to toss some thawed corn in. Personally, I love asian flavors, so I decided to add some ponzu (a citrus soy sauce) and some sesame oil. You always have to have garlic, so I added a minced clove. And Voila! A deliciously filling yet not energy zapping dish.

Thank goodness for frozen corn.



Couscous with Shrimp and Corn

Serves 1

1/2 c. prepared couscous
6 frozen shrimp
1/4 c. frozen corn
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp ponzu (or regular soy sauce)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 pinch cumin

1. Mix 1 tbsp ponzu with frozen corn and microwave for 15 sec. Stir in a spoonful of couscous and set aside.
2. Heat rest of ponzu, sesame oil, garlic and cumin in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are thawed. 
3. Mix couscous and corn. Microwave for 15 sec. Add shrimp and sauce and stir to combine.

Enjoy!

You know what, I think I'm gonna go make another batch. YUM!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!