Friday, May 20, 2011

Asparagus with Hazelnut Dressing

Has there ever been a time when you thought you knew everything about something, but then one day, you find out something new that completely takes you by surprise? That was me yesterday.

I thought I had figured out almost everything about the white balance on my camera. I had been having trouble with my pictures looking blue since I moved into my new apartment, and just thought that I would have to edit it out as best as I could later.

But then yesterday, I happened upon a little icon that I had no idea what it meant. So I selected it. And I fudged around with it. Turns out, if you select this little icon then point it at something white, it will change the white balance to match that white. Cool!

Well, it's definitely true that you learn something new every day!

Anyways, enjoy this wonderful springtime dish of asparagus with a hazelnut dressing. It's light, easy and one of the simplest ways to enjoy asparagus.



Asparagus with Hazelnut Dressing
adapted from Classic Light

1 bunch asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/4 c. hazelnuts

1. Heat hazelnuts in a dry saute pan over med-low heat for 5 minutes, watching carefully that they don't burn. Pour into a towel and rub the skins off (careful! they are hot!). Set aside to cool.
2. Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes, depending on thickness of stalks. Drain and run under cool water to slow cooking.
3. To make dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter. Drizzle dressing over top. Chop hazelnuts and sprinkle on top.

Enjoy!


Asparagus on Foodista







   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   





1 comment:

Share This!