Monday, March 14, 2011

Lime Roasted Salmon and Broccolini

I love salmon. Love love love love salmon! I try to eat it at least once a week, so I've tried to come up with new recipes in order to fit it in. I had a whole nice plan for dinner last Thursday; I was going to make roasted salmon and cauliflower with a citrus wild rice. I bought all the right ingredients (and then some), and got all ready to cook when....

I found bugs in my cauliflower.

Gross! I tried to chop through it to find some bug-less parts to save, but none were to be found. So I had to throw the whole thing out and come up with some thing new for dinner. I still did the roasted salmon, but added lime slices and roasted some broccolini I had bought because it looked really good, and I replaced the wild rice with an israeli couscous because I lost too much time trying to find bug-less cauliflower. And here is the result:

Ta-da!



I'll post the recipe for the salmon and broccolini today, and the recipe for israeli couscous will be posted later this week.

Roasted Lime Salmon with Broccolini

Serves 4

1 lb. salmon fillet (one large, not 4 small)
1 lb. broccolini, ends trimmed
2 limes
olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Meanwhile, rinse salmon under cold water and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and juice from one lime. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut other lime in thin slices and lay on top of salmon. Bake in oven for about 7-8 minutes, until fish begins to flake, but is not cooked through. 
2. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil to rest.
3. Add brococlini to cookie sheet and drizzle with some more oil, salt and pepper. Add to oven and roast, tossing once, for 5 minutes. Remove from oven when leaves begin to get crispy. Serve hot.

Enjoy!

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required
















   

   



1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of when I bought an eggplant to make a lasagna out of and when I cut it open it was already rotten--yuck! Eggplant lasagna minus the eggplant equals a very boring dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!