Thursday, January 6, 2011

Starting New

Like everyone else, I've got some New Year's Resolutions. Most are the typical exercise more, eat better, sleep more, etc. I've been trying to think of some other good ones, and finally have a small list.

I would like to get outside more. I spend way too much time inside, especially in winter, and I live near such beautiful mountains with skiing for the winter and miles of trails for the summer. There are also beaches and lots of rivers to walk along. There really is no excuse to not be outside! So my New New Year's Resolution #1 is to take advantage of the outdoors.

#2 involves being grateful for everything I have. I'm constantly looking to the future (almost too much) and I tend to wish I had things that I can't afford (like a house!), while forgetting that I have a great job that will someday let me have that house and a wonderful soon-to-be husband who loves me no matter what. I also forget that I am lucky to have most of my family so close and that I get along with everyone in my family.

#3 is going to be a tough one. Ever since I was little, I have always been very shy and quiet. I'm more of a listener than a talker, and I think this has made making new friends really difficult for me. I recently went out on a limb and went to dinner with 4 complete strangers that were part of a group I joined almost 6 months ago but never attended. It's was a little frightening, but in the end, I had fun. I would like to be able to make new friends and open up more. It's gonna take a lot of work, but I think in the end it will be worth it.

What are your unique New Year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!