Monday, February 22, 2010

P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

I'm watching Finding Nemo right now, avoiding homework, like usual. So in order to cheer me up from my work load, I am going to write about the food I've been cooking lately. On Sunday I made a Comforting Chicken Stew from Marie Claire Seasonal Kitchen.

 

If you have never read this cookbook, go to amazon.com or you local library and read this book. The pictures are so inspiring and everything looks delicious. And the book itself is divided into seasons, so you can cook seasonally, which I am a huge fan of. You might need to fudge the timing of the seasons if you live somewhere hotter or colder (since it was I believe published for people who live in NW Canada or US). But other than that its amazing. And the recipes are usually all very simple. Like the Comforting Chicken Stew.
Basically, you cut up some root vegetables into bite sized pieces and slice a celery stalk and a leek, then flour some chicken pieces. The vegetables are placed on the bottom of a pan with the chicken laid on top. A few cups of chicken stock are added, and then the whole thing is covered and baked in a moderate oven for an hour and twenty minutes or so. And that's the whole recipe. It's so simple, and yet so delicious. The vegetables were perfectly cooked and the chicken was juicy and flavorful. Adding some herbs would have added even more flavor but it was good as it was. And cheap too since the recipe calls for cheaper cuts that are still delicious. Trust me, if you make this recipe once, you will want to make it again, just because it is so easy. Prep time is literally 10 minutes or less, depending on how fast your oven heats and how fast you can chop veggies.

"Whoa. Kill the motor dude."


 
So for dinner tonight I decided I wanted to make something from my list of recipes to try. I settled on the white bean and tuna salad from Everyday Italian by Giada. I was a little apprehensive about tuna and beans together, but it turned out to be delicious. And it literally took 15 minutes to make. I served it on top of mixed greens and that really made it even tastier. We also ate herbed baguette slices with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was a very yummy dinner. If you are pressed for time, this recipe will definitely fill you up and be much healthier than a burger or pizza.

"You mean the swirling vortex of terror?"

Ok I'm gonna go pay attention to the movie. And maybe enjoy some more tuna and beans...

Dobry vecer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!